Workflow + Editorial

Workflow + Editorial
0.0 0

(Claud Cameron) #1

I’m new to this, so please forgive my newness. I’m trying to get Editorial to open a specific taskpaper doc to run. If I open it in Editorial myself it runs fine, but I’d like to bypass the part where I open the taskpaper doc and get Editorial to open it as part of the script. Then I can get Workflow to automate everything and have a nice icon sitting in the home screen to add the project to OmniFocus. Is this possible?

(Joe Buhlig) #2

Why not try adding the taskpaper data to the Workflow itself and add it from there? That way you don’t need editorial in the mix at all.

(Justin DiRose) #3

I recommend either what Joe said, or storing your templates in Drafts 5 and using a workflow or action to parse it into OF. @rosemary has an excellent action group for Drafts 5 that assists in doing this.

(Claud Cameron) #4

I will try to set it up in Drafts, but part of Editorial’s workflows is a Python script. I’m trying to get the Editorial workflow to open the *.taskpaper file but haven’t succeeded with the correct open statement in the Python snippet - I’m having trouble with the path part of the open statement.

I was able to get the Workflow app to open and use the *.taskpaper file but there are prompts for info in the file that Editorial recognizes but WorkFlow does not.

(Rosemary Orchard) #5

Drafts can do everything Editorial can do, however the scripts are in JavaScript rather than Python. That said if you’re using the script provided by OmniGroup I rewrote it and included it in my action group.