Still on Peak

Still on Peak
0.0 0

(Joe Buhlig) #1

What I’m reading

Peak by Anders Ericsson
I’m still on this one. That’s not a good sign at this point. I’ll need to pick up something more meaty for the next book. So if you have suggestions, click here.

Podcasts

BW - 48: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
It’s time for another classic that both Mike and Joe are a bit embarrassed they haven’t read previously. And it turns out to be a book where the title doesn’t do it justice.

WTW - 27: The Whole Working on the Internet Dilemma
Joe talks about his new business venture, ProCourse! This leads to a conversation about the natural evolution from freelancer to business owner, and all of the challenges that come with it: Setting goals (or choosing not to), getting buried in email, adding yet-another-Slack channel, and telling people IRL what you do in the first place.

Books added to the list

Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller by Sr. Ron Chernow
I’ve long been fascinated by some of these big names of old. Maybe I just have a deep interest in the way their minds worked and what made them a big name. But among those is Rockefeller. I need to pick this up soon.

Interesting Productivity Guild topics

Comparing Bear to Ulysses - Digital Tools
This topic resurfaced this week when I was asked if I’m still using Bear. Spoiler: I’m not.

OmniFocus 3 Dashboard perspective setup - Ask for Help
An interesting question that I wasn’t able to answer (but Justin did) about setting up my old Dashboard concept in OmniFocus 3.

Giving back to the communities I’ve joined - Mindsets
Wilson has been a huge asset to the Guild since it’s original creation. In this topic, he explains his rationale for being so active.

The Future of Mac Apps - Pro Newsletters

Links of Interest

Introducing ProCourse
#shamelessplug I’m very biased here. This was the release topic I created on the Meta forums when I unveiled my new Discourse company, ProCourse.

The Hustle Newsletter
This is a newsletter I’ve been getting for a little over a month now and I have to say I highly recommend it. The Hustle is a daily rundown of what’s going on in the business world. Who purchased who? Why should we be interested in Sonos again? How much did Fortnite make in a month?!

The Calmest iPhone Yet – The Sweet Setup
I have to agree with Shawn here, this iOS announcement keynote had some intense features packed in to help you manage your device use.

Jerry Seinfeld’s Closed Door - Cal Newport
Even Jerry Seinfeld had deep work figured out when creating his hit TV series.

Experiments

I’ll be moving this section away from this newsletter and posting these in the Guild. So if you’re still interested in these, check them out over there.

If you’d like these in your email, you can either subscribe here on the Guild or via my website.