Meeting notes on an iPad? Or Paper/Hybrid

Meeting notes on an iPad? Or Paper/Hybrid
0.0 0

(Ted) #1

Hi all,

I’ve been experimenting with taking meeting notes on an iPad pro, using goodnotes and the pencil. I find that overall it works well, especially the ability to mark up the PPTs and PDFs that we normally get - when I get them on paper, I almost never bring the last copy with me or do much with the notes, having it digitally means I have it for the next meeting. However, as I read about Shawn Blanc’s hyrbrid setup and various experiments people have done here, I find myself wondering if I’d do better to split the two, (rather then using split view) and have my Big 3 for the day and meeting notes in a baron fig or similar, and mark up docs on the iPad?

Has anyone taken a similar approach either way? I’m in a middle managemtn role at a large companyf or context.

(Justin DiRose) #2

I’ve waffled between the two myself (being in the corporate world, too). My best advice is try it for a day or a week or two. If it works better for you, stick with it. If it doesn’t, go back to what you were doing.

There is no one best way to handle these things, but if you work better having it all on one device using Split View or Slide Over, why not?

There’s a huge push for paper (ahem, @joebuhlig :hugs:) these days, but just because someone like Shawn Blanc says it is best for them doesn’t mean it’s best for you.

Any other specific questions you have?