I’ve been experimenting with using OmniFocus again lately. Using Windows at work has been a barrier, especially for capture and management of tasks. There are a few ways to capture from Windows, including setting up your Exchange-synced task list as the Reminders list in OmniFocus. That feels a little too cumbersome to me, so I wanted to try a different approach.
Below is an AutoHotKey script to create a quick capture window for OmniFocus. Here’s how it works:
- Install AutoHotKey, save this in a file ending in .ahk (be sure to edit the script to include your OF email address).
- Run the file.
- Trigger the shortcut with Ctrl+Shift+D
- Type in the task you want to capture
- Hit Enter
- The script will open an email in whatever email client is set to default with the subject and email already populated.
- From there, hit send (Alt+S for Outlook) and it’s off!
^+d:: MailList := "<your OmniFocus email address>" InputBox, task, Capture to OF, Enter Task, , 640, 480 GoTo, EmailThem Return EmailThem: Run, mailto:%MailList%?subject=%task% Return
Let me know what you think about this and if you need/want any changes made.