Bullet Journal

Bullet Journal

(Ted Strang) #1

I did read several other posts on this topic, but I didn’t want to hijack someone else’s thread.

I’ve just picked up the bullet journal branded version of the Leuchtturm1917 medium sized hard cover in black of course. I liked most of the ways it’s does things and wanted to just start with a set way of doing things and find out while I go what works and what doesn’t. And even after a day or two I’ve found a few things I’ve added like food tracking.

I am complementing is this journal with Fantastical. If something has a specific date and time it goes directly to Fantastical.

My plan is to have this replace picking up my phone 200 times per day. And yes I have all notifications off.

Also for the first 4 blank pages after the index and future log, I made lists that I can add to over the year. Such as shows/movies to watch, places to visit, Xmas/birthday lists ( I have 3 boys plus me and the wife so it takes a whole page ) and one blank just for ideas. I like having these at the front so I can find them quickly.

If the thing is a task for today or tomorrow without a specific time it write it down, and then at the end of the day I scan to see what is not done and carry it over.

I have a full time job away from home. So this is probably not for free agents with lots of projects and blocked time. But so far it’s been good.

I think getting a nice notebook is hand in hand with looking at better then the free pens from work and hotels and all the other random pens I have now. I’ve started with a Zebra f-701 and have added a Lamy Vista fine fountain pen to my Xmas list.

I’d post more, but I am new so only one pic of my daily page for now.